19 September 2010

Gold Panda

I heard this song on friday, and it's been on repeat ever since. And I don't know why. There's something irritatingly catchy about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Just something that makes me want to press the Repeat button on iTunes until it displays the Repeat 1 logo....and just let it play.
A little about Gold Panda...
"Gold Panda is a left-field producer and remixer called Derwin who makes instrumental soundtracks to half-remembered, dreamy summer days. He scours charity shops for old records and VHS tapes to turn into distorted samples, and wraps them in minimal, warm beats.
He is obsessed with Japan and its culture, and once sold his entire record collection to pay for a Japanese diploma at the School of Oriental and African Studies, before moving there for a year."
Awesome.
Gold Panda - You

No comments:

Post a Comment